In the last seven years BBC Media Action has won numerous awards and accolades for many of its communication outputs initially developed in Bihar.
• Mobile Academy and Kilkari were included as one of 30 best practices in ‘Proven Paths’, a compendium of 30 best practices from India on maternal and child health, by The Partnership for Maternal, New-born, and Child Health, launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the presence of heads of states from 85 countries worldwide.
• Mobile Kunji and Mobile Academy won the FICCI Healthcare Awards in the Social Initiative category.
• Mobile Kunji and Mobile Academy won the GSMA Global Mobile Award in the Best Mobile Product or Service for Women in Emerging Markets category.
• www.rethink1000days.org won a Bronze award at the Creative Abby’s at GoaFest, in the Best Brand Corporate Website category.
• www.rethink1000days.org website won the Campaign India Digital Crest Award in the Best Website (Brand) category.
• The Ananya program won the mHealth Alliance Collaboration Award at the mHealth Summit, in recognition for the work done by all the Ananya partners working on mHealth: CARE, World Health Partners, the Grameen Foundation, Dimagi, and BBC Media Action.
• Khirki Mehendiwali (Mehendi Opens a Window) radio program was awarded The Laadli Media and Advertising Awards for Gender Sensitivity 2012-13 in the Radio category.
• Mobile Academy was chosen for the inaugural Nominet Trust 100 – “a list of 100 inspiring digital projects tackling the world’s most pressing social issues”.
• Mobile Kunji and Mobile Academy won the mBillionth Award in the Mobile Empowerment for Women and Children category.
• Mobile Academy and Mobile Kunji won the Vodafone Mobile for Good Award.